EBSCO eBooks and Your Mobile Device
You can view EBECO eBooks on your mobile device the same as articles using EBSCO's mobile app. You can checkout and download directly to your computer, but to get on your mobile device you will have to download to your computer first, then transfer to your mobile device. You'll also need a My EBSCOhost account and to set up Adobe Digital Editions.
Compatible mobile devices include nook, Sony Digital Readers (PRS-300, 505, 600, 700 and 900), COOL-ER and many smart phones. Here is the complete list.
Transfer EBSCO eBooks to a Mobile Device
- Open your downloaded EBSCO eBook in Adobe Digital Editions. If you have not authorized Adobe Digital Editions with your Adobe ID on this computer, you will need to complete that step first. You will be prompted to enter your Adobe ID and Password the first time you try to open a EBSCO eBook with Digital Editions on your computer.
- Connect your portable device to your computer.
- Adobe Digital Editions automatically detects the presence of your device and offers to authorize it with your Adobe ID. Just as the Adobe Digital Editions software must be authorized with your Adobe ID, the portable device must also be authorized to be able to transfer protected content to and from the device.
- After authorization, the device appears as a new bookshelf in your library.
- Transfer items to and from the device bookshelf by clicking on the book title, then dragging and dropping the title into the device bookshelf.
Note: Do not disconnect the device while you are in the process of transferring a title to the device.